Friday, November 20, 2009

Campus for Christ & Winter Conference '09

Winter Conference is an annual event with Campus for Christ, where students from all across Canada gather in one place to hear speakers, attend seminars, make friends, and worship and experience God in new and exciting ways. It takes place during the last week of December in Toronto, Ontario. I have never gone before, but I was asked to give a testimony to my Campus for Christ group as to why I want to go this year. What follows is generally what I said:

I am going to Winter Conference this year. I've never been before, but I wanted to tell you why I wanted to go this year.

It all started at the Summit retreat in October. I've never been to Summit before either, and this is my third year in university and involved in Campus for Christ. But during Summit, I learned a lot about where God wants me to be and what He wants me to do with my life, and I felt that God was compelling me to take action. One of those actions was attending Winter Conference for the first time.

So I registered for Winter Conference, and I asked God that if He wanted me to go that He would show me, and He did. There was a drawing for a free plane ticket and $100 off of the registration fee for those who had signed up for Winter Conference at Summit.

I won the $100.

I feel very strongly that this was God's affirmation. I am sure now that God wants me to attend Winter Conference. For what reason, I'm not sure, but I know it is for something great.

At Summit, we watched a video that described the beginnings of revival movements and the people that God used to bring those about. Watching that video and seeing the people who had given their lives for Christ moved me to ask what I can give, and what I can do for Christ.

It is my hope that Winter Conference will be a step towards beginning a ministry that will last a lifetime of service to God. This is my hope. This is my desire. This is why I am excited to go.

I am trusting God for great things. He has brought me safe thus far, and He will bring me the rest of the way.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment