Sunday, November 1, 2009

The LORD is here

Jehovah-Shammah. The LORD is here.

This morning in church, my pastor said something that stuck with me all day--"You will find what you look for. If you look for the negative, you will find it. If you look for hypocrisy, you will find people to be hypocritical. If you look for God, you will find Him."

Indeed, God promises: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13, NIV

It is amazing just how present God is... it got me thinking... He is always with us; and that in itself is an amazing thing--that He should choose to be present among sinful creatures such as we are.

Remember the name of Jesus, given in Matthew 1:23: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel--which means, 'God with us.'"--God present among men... isn't that amazing?

We are not alone on this earth... we are not alone in this life... we are not alone in this moment... for we have Jehovah-Shammah! The LORD is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment