Thursday, November 19, 2009

YJNK - You Just Never Know

This is to explain why I'm always wearing an orange bracelet that says YJNK.

YJNK stands for You Just Never Know.

The bracelet was given to me by Mike Woodard, the Canadian National Director for Campus for Christ, at the end of Campus for Christ's Summit retreat in October. A bracelet was given to everyone who identified faith barriers in their lives that they would like to see God help them overcome.

You Just Never Know means that we do not know how God will use us.

We cannot predict what sort of far-reaching effects the simplest step of obedience will have on the lives of those around us. The power and grace of God are far more than any of us can comprehend, so it makes sense that we would not be able to guess the outcomes of that power and that grace. We can, however, trust that they are and will be good.

So, I wear my YJNK bracelet always to remind me that You Just Never Know what God will do, and because I never know what He will do, I can be confident in taking small steps in obedience, trusting that He will bring something out of it that is truly glorifying to Him.

~

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!" - Romans 11:33, NIV

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment