Friday, June 17, 2011

Comfort, Praise and Worship

Hello friend. I woke up today feeling very overwhelmed and anxious. I knew I ought to pray, but didn't know really how...there was so much to pray for.

Finally, as I started washing the dishes and talking to God, I got an idea to listen to worship music.

So I turned on an album by Sovereign Grace called Eight Songs That Teach, and it brought me such comfort and joy! :)

What made the difference?

1) praising God even in the hard times reminds the soul Who is in control

2) worship reminds us of how much God has given us in Christ: He's all we have and need

3) listening to songs based on Scripture reminds us of the Scripture from which the song is taken, and the surrounding Scriptures: for example, one of the songs I listened to had a line taken from Romans 8, which reminded me of that beautiful chapter of Paul's epistle

Let's praise Him for His goodness, and remember He is able though we are not!


No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:37-39, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment