Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good Reminders

Sticky notes are great. They help me remember things.

I'm always telling people I have a poor memory, so things like sticky notes are my friend. They function as my external brain, storing information that I don't want to forget and want to be reminded of later.

There are certain things you don't want to forget... An anniversary... An appointment... A kindness received...

You may even want to remind yourself of these things repeatedly.

Why?

There are many reasons. Thinking about them brings you joy (perhaps not in the case of the appointment). Or... Missing the date will mean problems later.

In any case, you don't want to forget.

There are many things in our Christian walk that we never want to forget. Things that it's good to remind ourselves of over and over again.

The Gospel is one of those things.

As Christians, we never move on from the Gospel. The Gospel is everything to us. Indeed, it's only because of the Gospel we can talk of anything else (like prayer, or tithing, or serving, etc.).

As Christians, we never want to forget... that it was only by the blood of Christ shed for me on Calvary's cross that I am justified in the eyes of God.

We never want to forget... I was a sinner, but through Christ's death and resurrection, He purchased with His blood my salvation. I have boldness before God, because Christ's righteousness is imputed to me.

Not of works, lest I should boast.

1 comment: