Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jesus is My Paradise: A Poem

Lately life has left me longing
Looking for my journey's end
When I ah! At last, belonging,
Wake in that fair and happy land

Oh distant shores of this soul's Dreaming
I yearn for rest from weary life
And await with joys ever increasing
My entrance into Paradise

Yet, what of these sweet fruits of rest
What would the best of all these be?
The glories of Heaven--I would attest--
Are not to be compared to Thee

For Thou art that Joy of my desire
And were it not for my faith's hope
To walk with Thee--in plain and pasture--
That shore for me should not be home

Sadie Daniels
June 1, 2011



Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. - Colossians 3:2-3, ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment