Sunday, June 12, 2011

True Contentment

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. - Philippians 4:11, ESV

When you think of contentment, what comes to mind?

Is your idea of contentment getting by with what you have, though it's not exactly what you would choose for yourself?

Or is it convincing yourself that what you want probably isn't all it's cracked up to be?

Neither of these are true contentment.

The Apostle Paul had it right when he said "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21).

Contentment is realizing that you are already blessed in all that you have been given. It's being grateful for what you have.

As Christians, we've been given the greatest treasure of all: Jesus Christ.

Shall I not be content in every circumstance, knowing that whatever I have or could have in this life is not to be compared with the riches of knowing Christ, my Savior?

In Him, shall God freely give us all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment