Saturday, January 21, 2012

Delayed: An Allegory


Yesterday, it snowed before we headed out to the Women to Women Coffee House at StoneRidge Fellowship. Poor Mr M was driving a car full of women. The road out to Bedford was backed up with traffic. So there was a long delay getting to the church. It took us about 2.5 hours on the road. We got there just as they were finishing up, practically.

But on the way, I found myself becoming rather impatient and wanting to get to the church because of all that I expected and anticipated the coffee house to be. However, as I found myself growing impatient, I also wondered why...because even the delay was ordained by God. And I was confident that it would work something greater in the end than I could have anticipated or hoped.

And it did. 


We got there and we sang three beautiful worship songs. Mighty to Save. Blessed be Your Name. And another that I don't recall the name of. Then the night ended. But I was able to talk with Rickcola who attends The Rock Church and who didn't really know a lot of people at StoneRidge. I spoke with her for a little while before she had to leave. I also met Sheila. [Rickcola and Sheila were the ladies who performed for us]. Sheila's from StoneRidge and I was incredibly blessed when she invited me to sing while she played. I was honoured to be able to sing In Christ Alone as well as Amazing Grace.

In Christ Alone is always a humbling experience...as it stretches my vocal range and I usually mix up at least one line. But I love it! It's one of my favourites! It is such an honour and a privilege to sing it! My voice shook terribly, but it was still a blessing to be allowed to sing!

Altogether, it was a beautiful time, even though it must have only lasted about a half hour to 45 minutes. It was gorgeous and very special to me!

And in it, I see an allegory. The road is my life. And I'm on the road now. I don't know how long it will take me to reach my destination. I'm not really sure what awaits me when I do. I know what I expect and anticipate, but what actually awaits me will be far richer and more beautiful and blessed than anything I could have thought of. And though I may become impatient, wondering when I'll arrive...I must remind myself that even the delays are ordained by God. And they will work to bring about something far better than I could have asked for or dreamed.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment