Saturday, June 23, 2012

L.A.W.: None of These Things Move Me

L.A.W. stands for Living According to the Word (Psalm 119:9)


From Acts 20 (NKJV)
...now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, 23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. 24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. 
...I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men.27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood
32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33 I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel. 34 Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. 35 I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak...

Lord Jesus,
It is an honour to be a part of Your Body--Your Bride--the Church.  It is a double honour to serve her.  I pray for those in positions of authority--our leaders and overseers--that they would declare the whole counsel of God with boldness and courage.  I pray that they would be built up by Your great grace to shepherd the church of God which You purchased with Your own blood.  I pray that I would be moved by the love and grace of God and not by threat of tribulation and trouble.  I pray that I would be made strong so that I may support the weak, remembering that You are my Strong Man who bore the wrath of God on my behalf when I was weak.  May I finish my race with joy, dear Lord, testifying to all of the amazing grace of God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment