Friday, September 14, 2012

We Will Not Tremble: Response to trouble

So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" - Hebrews 13:6, NKJV
With the anniversary of September 11, 2001 and attacks on US embassies this past Tuesday, there are plenty of baits for fear.  As a single woman, it is easy to begin wishing that there were a strong man around for protection and guidance in precarious situations.

However, as a Christian, the Lord God is my Helper!  And I am to fear no one but Him.  After all, what can man do to me?  Man can only kill the body and afterward, nothing; God is infinitely more powerful than that.  He needn't take my life; He need only cease to give me breath.  He also has full authority over the destination of my soul.  Jesus said to "fear Him who can cast both soul and body into Hell." (Matthew 10:28)

No man is my refuge!  God is my refuge!  He is my ever present help in times of trouble. (Psalm 46:1)

But don't start thinking that I'm perfect.  Far from it!  I still find myself at times gripped with terror--whenever I fail to remember how big, how mighty, just how awesome my God is.  Because if we remember, and truly believe in the God who saved us from eternal destruction, the heavens and earth may dissolve right before our eyes, and we will not tremble.

The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?

Join me in praying for the safety of US diplomats all around the world tonight; particularly those in hostile territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment