Tuesday, October 30, 2012

God gives the increase...

I often struggle with knowing the will of God.  Especially for any new ministry I want to start.  Certainly ministry ought to be bathed in prayer.  And we ought to walk humbly, knowing that God does not need us to accomplish His purposes, but also knowing that He will use us if we are available to Him.

I want to embrace the calling to be a writer in God's service.  Will God bless such a ministry?  I do not know.  That is up to Him.  Jeremiah was a faithful prophet who never had one convert.  Jonah was unfaithful and an entire city repented at his preaching.  Results are up to God.  I just desire to honour Him and serve Him.  Let Him bring the increase.

I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. (1 Corinthians 3:6-7, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment